I fall apart alot more than I stay kept together. I have a road map of where I want to go but some days it's all a blur.
I get lost easily when I let my ears listen to the voices of those around me and let my eyes see the things around me. When I do, I feel less confident, I become envious, I do not feel good enough in almost all I do and everyday I battle with thoughts that drain my energy. I had to isolate myself often than necessary. I get tired at working hard on things that don't bring me peace and contentment.
The more I gave in, the more lost I was to the point where I did not know where to go and what to do.
Where to go and what to do
I've always been a Christian but I've never given enough time to allow this part of my life to be an effective one. At one time, I decided it was time I tune out all other voices and things and focus only on the word of God.
So, I attended church regularly, devotional fellowship with other Christians and made time to read my Bible. I'm also blessed to be surrounded by family members who loves God and talks about Him all the time. Especially my parents, we always have wonderful conversations and then I began to realize change.
Change in my confidence, I wasn't self-confident but I was god-confident, I wasn't envious anymore but I was grateful. I began to strive to be the best in things that brings me joy in serving God and the best part was and is, I get to not worry about where I'm headed, or what's to come.
Note:
Trust, means to wait. We pray, seek God's instructions through the voice of the Holy Spirit. How? We just have to listen to the little voice in our heads that's telling us things that agrees or aligned with the word of God.
Every step, means whatever we do, our decision in every activity we must consider His ways, go back to the Bible first.
In closing, we loose ourselves and direction to living a fulfilled life when we follow people and things but we find our true self and direction to a fulfilled life when we follow God.


No comments:
Post a Comment